Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sweet Little Nothings: 8 Months


  





This last picture is still cracking me up. I want to eat you up, I love you so.

You have started signing!  We are so excited. All the signing we have done since you were  5 months old is starting to pay off. Here are two little videos. One of you signing milk and one is where you must be very hungry because you are signing more before you even finish the first bite. Your Nanny and teachers help with this too. I am hoping this opens up our communication earlier than talking will. I have already started getting more words ready to add to our everyday conversations. {Side note: I understand that some people are against signing because they think it with slow down Ellie's verbal communication when the time comes. I have read a lot about the pros and cons and we feel confident in moving forward. If she is any child of mine, I don't think she will have a issue with talking up a storm or telling you like it is.}



You are officially in 12 months PJs. Its too sad for this mama. You look way too grown up in anything that isn't a footed sleeper.


You have four teeth now. The second top tooth just broke through this week.

I think its safe to say you are going to have blue eyes.

You are really interacting with your toys more and more. You light up whenever you make a toy sing/ make noise.




After going through all the basic level one foods, we are starting to explore different brands and different combinations. You are loving the organic apple, blueberry and spinach combo.

You love the sounds the X-box makes. Its super crazy cute. You to get so excited when we go through the main menu options.


I am particularly proud to say that I did feed you Mac & Cheese just a few days ago. A small step in motherhood, a giant leap for Katherine-kind.

Your father loves your yogurt melts. He always finds a way to be the one to give them to you...and end up with a handful himself.



As always, bath time is a highlight of your day. I have started saying "One, two....THREE" while turning on the water. You literally jump off my lap with excitement. 

After bath time things get interesting. At first, you get a little upset. I think you could live in the tub, pruney fingers and all. We distract you by playing hide and seek. Then we MUST go through your basket of goodies on the changing table. I have a feeling we will be adding lip gloss and jewelry sooner than later. 



AND...Ellie, you crawled for the very first time TONIGHT. Like, I made your dad upload the video immediately. What finally got you moving you ask? The x-box remote! And I repeat, a total daddy's girl.


Some nights when I lay you down to sleep, and I question everything. And some nights, I lay you down, give you a kiss and know that I am doing something right. Happy Eight months Elliott. You have such an effect on me.  I feel like we have a gravitational pull that will never keep us apart. Like the sun and the moon. My brightness is only just a reflection of you baby girl.















No comments:

Post a Comment