Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sweet Little Nothings: One Month

My sweet Edwin, you are one month old today. This time went by much faster than it did with your sister. We are fast pace now a days and your just hanging on like a sleepy champ. Here are a few tidbits about you...

You snort when your hungry, like straight up pig snorting. You also go from 0 to 100 when you decide you are hungry.

You have the sweetest little Peanut Head.

You prefer to lay on my chest...anyone's chest instead of laying flat. So tummy time is a breeze with you.

I cant decide what color your eyes are going to be. Not blue. They are turning this muddy color at the moment. I think green like your dad-man. Lyell thinks brown like me....we will see. 

You hate getting your diaper changed. I cringe when I have to do it in the middle of the night. Holding my breath and not because of the weird breast-fed poops but to see if you wake up your sister by howling. She such a light sleeper. Your dad on the other hand can sleep through every alarm so we don't worry about him so much.

You have a faint little dimple when you smile. I think I am the only one who has witnessed this fantom smile of yours. 

You have such long skinny fingers and toes. Little monkey.

Your favorite time of the day is in the morning when the sun is hitting the bay window. You love looking at the black and white shadows the blinds make. Looking at you staring at the contrast is so peaceful.

Your stuffed giraffe was a little buy your dad and I bought on our babymoon. He doesn't have a name just yet...I'm sure we will think of something :)

Breastfeeding as been a breeze with you.

Your name is "Baby" 99% of the time. Peanut and Win tie for the other 1%.

I have been seriously obsessed with your boogers. Like your father might have an intervention at any moment. I just keep saying I have never seen so many boogers come out of a little pea head. Skip to your 3 week appointment...skip to sending your to the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital ENT...skip to cameras up your nose...All is well. I was maybe a little obsessive. But I was told you have very small nostrils and a small bump on your nasal concha that is nothing to worry about. We are just chalking it up to the fact you are already trying to out do your sister in weird specialist appointments. Sorry buddy, but Ellie is in the lead with her random old-lady-bone-spur-toe.

I went back moments ago to look at Ellie's one month. Not to compare, because you both are so polar opposite. You have seriously sleep your way through your first month. I am shocked I even got pictures for our Sweet Little Nothing. I am blessed to have you such a good sleeper. This gives me time for Ellie transitioning into the "big girl" role quite nicely. She steals your pacifiers and hoards them, but you seem to careless about that either. I'm falling into this role of a mother of two slowly but surely. Splitting my time and figuring out whats worth the effort and what I need to pass on is still challenging. But each hurdle is being jumped. I feel the mom jeans and minivans calling my name louder and louder. I wouldn't have it any other way. You, my little peanut, have found a perfect little cozy nook in my heart and in this family. I am so excited to see you open your eyes (like literally) and see whats next for you in month number two and all the other wonderful months I get to watch your grow.