Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sweet Little Nothings: 7 months











{Guest Blogger: Dad-Man}

Dear Elliott,

You are now seven months old. It’s really hard to believe. I blinked and you transformed from a tiny newborn to a beautiful little lady full of life, love and smiles. This abundance of love is rubbing off on me. I get to see the world through a whole new set of eyes. I see and appreciate things I forgot years ago. I cannot thank you enough for giving me this. This world you will learn can have a tendency to harden your heart, and you have the exact opposite effect on me.


I love my Mommy

Lately, you and your Mother are inseparable. The slightest odd movement by your Mother will cause a chain reaction of smiles and giggles. At first I have to admit I was jealous. I have been the one that has been making you smile and laugh uncontrollably, but now your Mom has joined in on the fun. It is silly. I thought you were going to some how forget about me and for a few days it felt like that. Now, you laugh at both of us and it fills me with happiness. I can have the worst day in the world and come home to your smile and it makes everything okay.


Caught a lite sneeze

When it rains it pours Elliott. You caught your first cold, which is still lingering around weeks latter. You still have a cough that sounds like a ninety-year-old man who smoked three packs of cigarettes a day. This terrible cold has turned into an ear infection in both ears. You have a couple of medicines to help make you better, but you refuse to take them. So your Mom and I have to trick you into taking them by giving you a bottle and then slipping in the medicine when your not paying attention. You being sick gave me an unfamiliar feeling I have never really felt before. When I heard you had another ear infection, all I wanted to do is take it away from you. I wanted to take any pain you had away from you and put it into me. I realized that there was no limit on this feeling.  A million different scenarios ran through my head, and there is to limit on what I would do for you. I told your Mom about this, and she said she was feeling the exact same way.


Dance Party USA

Our favorite activity together is our dance parties. I turn the music up really loud, set you in the floor, and dance around you. This is very silly, but you absolutely love it and so do I. It also makes me realize how out of shape I am. The great thing though is that I can blame it on you and not me. There just isn’t enough time to workout and take care of a seven month old!


Daddy, where are you?

This is what I imagine you are thinking the nights of the week (and weekends) I am away at school. It haunts me, but in the end I think it will be the best for all of us. Please know that I am doing this for you and your Mother. I am doing it so you will have a comfortable life and have every opportunity in the world to find what makes you happy. Thankfully, you are young and will not remember me being gone. Make sure and thank your Mom one day for picking up all the slack and handling everything so eloquently. You have the best Mom in the world who will do anything for you.

Stop making that funny face!

You will learn that I love to annoy your Mother. Deep down she loves it, or at least that’s what I tell myself. My new favorite way is to make funny pictures of you. I will just leave these here:




Futures

You are trying your best to crawl and any day now you will succeed. Your upset face when you can’t quite get it is priceless. You babble random noises all the time. You say dada and mommy a lot, but you don’t know what they mean. I like to pretend you are calling out my name though. I look forward to every new day to see what joy you will bring into our life. Thank you for being apart of my life.

Love,
Dad






{Mommy} ~ Thanks to dadman for that Sweet little nothings. Ellie, you have the bestest dadman in the universe. Just a few little stories over the past month that I don't want either of us to forget.

Us girls (Me, you, Laura, and your Nanny) went to visit my grandfather right before Christmas.  He is in a home for alzheimer's patients and babies always create a nice little crowd. I do not really have to describe in detail what our conversations sounded like. A repetition of questions and a few minutes late...your guessed it...the same questions again and so forth. BUT, my favorite question was from this little bitty lady:
Little Lady: "Is it a boy or a girl?"
Me: " She is a girl, named Ellie."
Little Lady: "She going to be BOSSY!"
We cant completely understand why so bossy? But it has become a great joke in the family.


Uncle G got us some great books for Christmas. If you all don't have any of the Pigeon books by Mo Willems, then RUN a get a copy of any of them NOW. They are so very good. He also got us Guess How Much I Love You. While reading it for the first time, I keep hear Lyell giggling in the next room. I thought we was just laughing at something in Reddit or YouTube. Then I started noticing a correlation  You got it people, my grown husband was giggle like a fourteen year old boy every time I said, "Nutbrown Hare".

Ellie, we have started you on some foods. We have had peas (love), applesauce (not a huge fan), carrots (two baby thumbs up), peaches (umm...NO), bananas (pretty good), sweet potatoes (YES and more, please). Your dad said it right...we blinked our eyes and you are growing up.




















No comments:

Post a Comment