Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Friday, June 22, 2012

First Week

Elliott Annabelle at one week old




My first week as a Mommy I have learned...

1. Somethings can not be planned...like when you go in to be induced and your water breaks on its own and everything goes fast forward


23. Somethings you have no control over...Like when it takes 5 tries to put in my IV, three tries for my epidural and even then you can still feel your left side. 


42. I didnt know how empty my heart was until now...It grew like the Grinch who stole Christmas


45. I wanna sing the random Flo Rida song: 
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, sometimes I get a good feeling, yeah
I get a feeling that I never never never never had before, no no


56. I love Lyell more than ever... He has been such a great husband and loving every inch of becoming a father...AND he didn't pass out during the delivery (lost that bet)!


57.  A baby girl in your arms can melt hearts

61. Breast feeding is harder than I thought it would be... and there have been times over the weekend that  I thought fuck it but now I am so glad I pushed through. 

68. Lyell's first Father's Day was wonderful and I am so glad he got his little girl to wrap her finger around his.

77. You can be super excited about poop...when Elliott had not pooped in three days we were getting kinda worried. UNTIL, we were all packed up and ready to go to our first doctor's appointment/check up/ actually first outing in general...and wham bam thank you ma'am...the flood gates of poo entered the Sloan household. Like I said, super excited.




83. My Ipad was the best baby present I have received (from Lyell). It keeps me organized with my feeding schedule when I'm delirious at 2am...plus I can lurk on Facebook easily at 4 in the morning.


89. Someone is starting to not have cankles...THIS GIRL.


91. Lyell is the super cute nervous parent and I am the laid back one. We finally went out for an outing and Lyell was basically sprinting through the store trying to get Elliott back home. 


94. Don't hang out with my brothers ... if you don't want to rip any stitches.


97. Elliott has drugies for parents...I kid, I kid. Lyell had his second root canal done earlier this week. So I am on percocets and Lyell has lortab.


100. I can't stop looking at our pictures we took with Brooke Kelley: http://brookekellyphotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/elliott-annabelle-8-days-nashville.html


I love this image because my great grandfather made this doll bed for me when I was a little girl and my great grandmother made the little pillows and ruffle blanket. I cant wait for a home with a playroom so I can bring all my doll houses ect to my house (storage unit parents house still has it all).








No comments:

Post a Comment