Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Once Upon a Dream...Ellie's 3rd Birthday

Ellie's obsession with Maleficent started a few months before her third birthday. After spending the night with G-Daddy and Sheena, she kept talking about "Sleeping Beauty". After talking the Sheena, I realized it was Maleficent that was watched. We ended up buying it on iTunes (it really is an awesome movie.)Then the spiral of loving all things Maleficent started. So this was a no brainer for me when it came time for a theme.

























I borrowed my moms spinning wheel for the main centerpiece. Doesn't every family just have an old spinning wheel heirloom in the corner of their parents house? Thank goodness we do! Then I used my old baby doll bed my great grandfather made me as the cake stand. The banners where made out of old Sleeping Beauty golden books. I actually keep it all pretty calm...for ME. I made the cupcake toppers to finish out the theme with Wilton crown molds and homemade maleficent horns. Ellie's party fell on her actual birthday which made for a special day all the way around. She loved that all her favorite people came. We are so blessed to have a great family and wonderful friends.

Corny Signs I forgot to take pictures of : "Please Prince Phillip Your Cup" and "Prick Your Finger-Licking-Good Pizza"...Haha...I love how annoying I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment