Home             About Me             Blogs I Love            

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sweet Nothings: 6 Months

So this is totally late. I have people reminding me that my kid is 6 months old now and I have not posted my note. Maybe its because I hadn't written anything cute this month, maybe its because I am slacking. We had doctors appointments, Christmas parties, final exams at Law School, a child who now hurls at the sight of Tylenol (cherry and grape, cause I have tried both), fevers, more vomit, Christmas shopping and tantrums. Have you ever fed your child her cereal in the bath tub because she would not sit in her high chair? Just me? NICE. So, enough with the excuses. Lets get down to business, Ellie. You are seriously already half a year old, double the size you were when you popped out of me, a 100% just like your father, and a million times cuter than all the little babies of the world. Damn, I love you. First up...Onnie pictures!






How do you bribe my child?
Letting her hold phones, ipads and playing with our laptops.

Ellie, you are sitting up completely on your own.

You love to sit in my lap and pull-to-stand.
It never gets old and you get so excited like its the first time you do it



You have become very inquisitive. Loving hide-n-seek and looking where different noises are coming from. There was a harp player for the Christmas memorial at the funeral home, and you could not take your eyes off her.



Don't mind the dirty fingernails, you are loving the art projects in class.

You still love to put everything in your mouth...including Santa. (Santa from school).

{YES, that's my kid...eating the jolly old man. AND Yes we still have not done our Santa picture. Its on the list of things to do, even if we are in a long line on Christmas Eve.}









You love to shop at Target with your mommy.
Especially now with all the Christmas decor hanging from the ceiling.
You are so exhausted when daycare is over. I even caught you snoring about 5 minutes after we left. Your Nanny(what we are going with for my mom at the moment, yes she finally made a decision)...Your Nanny says you take looong naps on the days she keeps you. I think its half being tired from playing the day before and half loving to snuggle with nanny in her super comfy bed. I can see new great things now that you are in daycare. I feel like you are talking more and playing well by yourself. I freakin LOVE your class. Your teachers are super awesome. I have had no worries since the first day. Its part time, so you still have Nanny Daycare too :)

Your daddy and I get emails and pictures from your teachers... Like this one...
She is doing great!!  She has been so happy.  She took a little nap this morning and got up and took a bottle and has been busy playing with her new friends and toys, as you can see.  I hope these brighten your day.




There have been some small issues that have come are way...like you know how to manipulate your dad and me now. Nothing bad, just...well, like if I leave to room you will do this super crappy fake cry to try to get me back in the room. Its not separation anxiety, because you are off and playing as soon as I set you down at school.


You do great in restaurants. The louder the restaurant, the louder you laugh and howl.



You are such a great kid. I am really blessed to not have hardly any trouble out of you. The sarcasm throughout my sweet little nothings is just that, sarcasm. Lyell and I work really hard at our jobs, so you can have a great life. So sometimes, its crazy at night. Sometimes I just put you in mommy and daddy's bed so we can snuggle all night. Sometimes, I don't even get you in bed right at 8 every night. Sometimes I forget to pump and we use formula. Sometimes we laugh and play with Bennie. Sometimes you are on a schedule. Sometimes you rub your little eyes when we are grocery shopping and we are not home yet for you to take a nap. But, I ALWAYS love you and there is never EVER a moment that I don't think we have the best life together. Happy Half Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment